Gift of Lights returns to the Monster Mile from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve
The magic and spirit of the holiday season will be on full display to close 2023 when the “Gift of Lights at Dover Motor Speedway” drive-thru event returns to the Monster Mile.
The second annual Gift of Lights event runs every evening from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, with more than 60 scenes and 3.5 million lights set up along an almost two-mile pathway winding through Dover Motor Speedway campgrounds.
Gift of Lights is produced by Winterland, Inc., a holiday services firm headquartered in Marion, Ind., with more than three decades of experience, along with support from partners including, Delaware Behavioral Health, Delaware’s Quaint Villages, Dover Pools, Del-One and Visit Delaware.
The schedule for the in-car experience includes:
- Thanksgiving through Saturday, Dec. 16
- Sunday-Thursday: 5-9 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday: 5-10 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 17 through New Year’s Eve
- All days: 5-10 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased online at GiftOfLightsDover.com or upon arrival, with rates of $35 per car and $60 for buses and limousines. No advance reservations are required. Vehicles will enter the display via a new entrance at 1229 Persimmon Tree Road and exit on Leipsic Road. Follow traffic signs for directions and up-to-date messaging.
Several theme and discount nights are planned for Gift of Lights, including:
- Free Military Mondays, Nov. 27 and Dec. 4: All active-duty airmen, reservists, guardsmen, guardians and veterans with valid IDs receive free admission (for them and their car load).
- Monday, Nov. 27: Pajama Night ($5 off per car if wearing pajamas).
- Tuesday, Nov. 28: Giving Tuesday ($5 off per car).
- Wednesday, Nov. 29: Pet Night ($5 off per car if you bring a furry friend).
- Wednesday, Dec. 6: Christmas Sweater Night (Wear your most festive holiday sweater for $5 off per car).
- All Mondays through Thursdays: Guests bringing three nonperishable food donations to Food Bank of Delaware receive $3 off per car.
“After just one season, Gift of Lights is already a Dover community holiday tradition,” said Mike Tatoian, Dover Motor Speedway’s president and general manager. “We received an overwhelming positive response after our inaugural year and look forward to welcoming everyone back to enjoy the joy and the wonder of the holiday season with Gift of Lights this year.”
For information on the Gift Of Lights Dover Outreach Program benefiting groups, schools or organizations, email [email protected].
The Monster Mile’s full 2024 race schedule includes:
- Friday, April 26: General Tire 125 ARCA Menards Series East race
- Saturday, April 27: A-GAME 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series race (1:30 p.m., FS1, PRN, SiriusXM)
- Sunday, April 28: Würth 400 NASCAR Cup Series race (2 p.m., FS1, PRN, SiriusXM)
The Würth 400 NASCAR Cup Series race is the Monster Mile’s 106th NASCAR Cup Series race. Dover Motor Speedway is one of only 10 tracks in the country to host 100 or more NASCAR Cup Series events. Buy tickets at DoverMotorSpeedway.com.
Keep track of all of Dover Motor Speedway’s events by following on Facebook (@MonsterMile), X, the platform formerly known as Twitter (@MonsterMile) and Instagram (@MonsterMile). Keep up with all the latest information on DoverMotorSpeedway.com and our mobile app.