Free fan entertainment and activities coming to Dover April 29-May 1
- First State native Jimmie Allen to perform pre-race concert on Sunday, May 1.
- World-famous "Canine Stars," outrageously entertaining Micro Professional Wrestling, carnival-sized bumper cars, daredevil BMX bike riders, huge classic car show, large petting zoo with pony rides and more coming to the Monster Mile.
- Driver appearances to include Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr., Alex Bowman, and many more across the weekend.
Monster Mile fans can enjoy a plethora of free, fun entertainment and activities at Dover Motor Speedway during the upcoming April 29-May 1 NASCAR tripleheader weekend, which will be the first full-fan-capacity-allowed race weekend at the Monster Mile since October 2019.
PRE-RACE CONCERT: JIMMIE ALLEN, SUNDAY, MAY 1, 12:45 P.M., EMBRACE HOME LOANS STAGE IN VICTORY PLAZA.
Planned appearances by NASCAR Cup Series stars include former NASCAR champions Kevin Harvick and Martin Truex Jr. and, defending Monster Mile NASCAR Cup Series race winner Alex Bowman, among others.
All rides, games, live music, appearances and other entertainment events outside the track are FREE to all fans throughout the weekend.
“We continue to build out a robust FanZone full of free entertainment for our spring weekend and are pleased to announce a portion of that excitement today,” said Mike Tatoian, Dover Motor Speedway‘s president. “There is a great deal of momentum surrounding the 2022 NASCAR season and the Next Gen car, and we are thrilled to play host once again to the top names in motorsports. This will be a weekend to remember!”
Driver appearances and concerts are just some of many attractions coming to the Monster Mile. Also slated are Micro Wrestling Federation matches, Canine Stars performances, Bear Hollow Wood Carvers displays and auction, classic car shows, Dover‘s traditional Saturday night fireworks and more. Additional entertainment offerings and musical performances will be announced in coming weeks.
Dover Motor Speedway‘s FanZone opens at noon on Friday, April 29 and 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1. NOTE: All events and show times are subject to change.
Trackside Live! at the Monster Monument hosted by Jose Castillo and Doug Rice
- KEVIN HARVICK & BERNARD HOPKINS APPEARANCE: Driver of the No. 4 Ford for Stewart-Haas Racing, and a three-time Dover champion, will participate in a hosted Q&A on the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza, along with the former undisputed middleweight and light heavyweight boxing champion. START TIME: Sunday, 11:45 a.m.
- ALEX BOWMAN & MARCUS SMITH APPEARANCE: Driver of the No. 48 Ally Chevrolet, and the defending Dover NASCAR Cup Series champion, will participate in a hosted Q&A on the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza, along with the Speedway Motorsports CEO. START TIME: Sunday, noon
- MARTIN TRUEX JR. & RON JAWORSKI APPEARANCE: Driver of the No. 19 Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing, and a three-time Dover champion, will participate in a hosted Q&A on the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza, along with the former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, ESPN NFL analyst and ambassador for the 2022 BMW Championship in Wilmington, Del. START TIME: Sunday, 12:15 p.m.
- BAYLEY CURREY/RYAN VARGAS APPEARANCES: JD Motorsports teammates in the NASCAR Xfinity Series participate in a hosted on the Monster Monument Q&A in Victory Plaza. START TIME: Saturday, 10:45 a.m.
- DASH 4 CASH CONTENDERS & NOAH GRAGSON APPEARANCE: Driver of the No. 9 Chevrolet for JR Motorsports in the NASCAR Xfinity Series participates in a hosted Q&A on the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza. START TIME: Saturday, 11 a.m.
- CHANDLER SMITH APPEARANCE: Driver of the No. 26 Toyota for Sam Hunt Racing in the NASCAR Xfinity Series participates in a hosted Q&A on the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza. START TIME: Saturday, 11:15 a.m.
- KAZ GRALA APPEARANCE: Driver of the No. 48 Chevrolet for Big Machine Racing Team in the NASCAR Xfinity Series participates in a hosted Q&A on the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza. START TIME: Saturday, 11:30 a.m.
- JOHNNY DAMON/RYAN SIEG: RSS Racing driver and the two-time World Series winner and chairman of the board for A-GAME participate in a hosted Q&A on the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza. – 11:45 A.M.
- ARCA MENARDS SERIES EAST AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Meet your favorite drivers before they take on the Monster Mile for 125 miles! SESSION START: Friday-3 p.m. at the General Tire display in the FanZone.
- JOHNNY DAMON/RYAN SIEG: Autograph signing in the A-GAME display in the FanZone. SESSION START: Saturday-Noon
NASCAR fans can test their cornhole skills — and win some cash in the process — during Dover Motor Speedway‘s upcoming Monster Mile Bash on Saturday, April 30. The planned festivities come in the middle of the Speedway‘s April 29-May 1 NASCAR tripleheader weekend.
The Inaugural Monster Mile Cornhole Tournament, presented by Crown Royal, is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 30 following the A-GAME 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash race at the Monster Mile.
Hosted by Delaware Cornhole, registration for the tournament is available now online through April 30 at 3:45 p.m., with the boards set up just steps from the famous Monster Monument at Victory Plaza. Additional cornhole boards will be available for non-competitive free-play as well.
The entry fee is $50 for a two-person team, with a guaranteed prize pool of $2,500 at stake. All ages and all skill levels are welcome to participate. Registration is first-come, first-served, with a limit of 100 teams.
Proceeds will benefit Speedway Children‘s Charities, a non-profit organization that provides funding for underserved children throughout the United States.
The tournament is just a part of the Monster Mile Bash festivities on Saturday. Other entertainment options include:
- Live music in Victory Plaza — hosted by MTV legend Riki Rachtman — including a show by Jexxa, a popular duo who will perform original and cover music. Jexxa will also sing the national anthem before Saturday‘s race.
- Happy hour drink specials all night long, featuring an assortment of Ready To Drink Crown Royal cocktails, including Peach Tea, Washington Apple and Whiskey & Cola varieties.
- Free bumper car rides, giant slide attraction and axe throwing in the FanZone.
- Tethered hot air balloon rides will be available nearby, in Lot 8, from 7-9 p.m. Donations are encouraged and benefit Speedway Children‘s Charities.
- Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Kent County Tourism, will begin at 9 p.m. and be visible from all areas of Dover Motor Speedway property.
- Food will be available for purchase nearby at the SoDel Concepts tent by Victory Plaza, including the following favorites:
- Philly Cheesesteaks
- Nashville Hot Fried Chicken Sandwiches
- Sticky Ikky Fried Rice Bowl (Chicken, Fried Egg, Veggies)
- Delaware Destroyer (Waffle-Cut Fries with Cheese, Bacon, Scallions and Old Bay)
- Scrapple Sandwiches (Traditional Delaware breakfast favorite)
- Street Dog (Hot Dog with Tomato, Cilantro, Flaming Hot Cheetos, and more!
- CANINE STARS: As seen and competed on “America‘s Got Talent,” these incredibly talented pups perform elaborate tricks and stunts and have toured North America for 10 years. SHOW TIMES: Friday-12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:15 p.m.; Saturday-9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m.; Sunday-9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m.
- MICRO PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING: Talented athletic performers will match up in several professional wrestling battles on April 30 and May 1. The Micro Wrestling Federation has been drawing fans across the nation for more than 20 years for its shows featuring high-flying action, body slams and leaps from the top rope! Formed in 2000, the Micro Wrestling Federation features an entire cast of athletes and performers under 5 feet tall. SHOW TIMES: Saturday-10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:15 p.m.; Sunday-9:45 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
- USO MILITARY VILLAGE: Huge area that will display our country‘s finest military assets. Learn how this group assists our service members and their families around the world. Check out various military vehicles as well, including a helicopter and other military apparatus.
- NATIONAL FALLEN FIREFIGHTERS FOUNDATION: Honoring the families of fallen firefighters, this year‘s display will include a fire truck and other firefighting apparatus, while planned pre-race activities will honor the Baltimore City fire fighters and Clayton (Del.) fire chief who recently lost their lives.
- BUMPER CARS & GIANT SLIDE: NASCAR stars won‘t be the only drivers trading paint at the Monster Mile with the country‘s only large-scale carnival bumper car attraction! A giant 3-lane burlap sack slide will add to the nearby fun.
- AMISH OUTLAWS: One of the weekend‘s free live music shows will be the popular artists that will perform their traditional blend of rock, country and pop hits on the Embrace Home Loans Stage at Victory Plaza prior to the Sunday NASCAR Cup Series race. Their musical skills and memorable on-stage outfits have drawn a large regional following through the years. SHOW TIME: Sunday-10:45 a.m.
- AXE THROWING PROVIDED BY THROWHOUSE: Test your aim with six available lanes in this challenging skill contest, free for all fans.
- BEAR HOLLOW WOOD CARVERS: Incredibly skilled chainsaw artists create one-of-a-kind sculptures, both small and large. The unique creations will then be auctioned off throughout the weekend in Victory Plaza near the Monster Monument to benefit Speedway Children‘s Charities. AUCTION TIMES: Saturday-11:30 a.m.; Sunday-1 p.m.
- HELL ON WHEELS: Daredevil BMX stunt show riders thrill audiences with multiple wild performances throughout the weekend. SHOW TIMES: Friday-12:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4 p.m.; Saturday-9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 1 p.m.; Sunday-9:15 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
- ANIMAL ATTRACTIONS: A petting zoo complete with pony rides, goats, donkeys and other creatures will include the chance for children to get up close with a variety of endearing farm favorites.
- INFLATABLE ATTRACTIONS AND FUN: Children of all ages can enjoy a wide variety of FREE activities in the FanZone, including rock walls, remote controlled racing cars, obstacle courses, and more!
- DEL RODS CAR CLUB SHOWS: A huge display of vintage vehicles will be on display in the FanZone with shows before the Saturday and Sunday races.
- SATURDAY NIGHT FIREWORKS: Presented by Kent County (Del.) Tourism, and scheduled for 9 p.m. on April 30, the spectacular display will be visible from all areas of the property.
The April 29-May 1 NASCAR tripleheader weekend race weekend schedule includes:
- SUNDAY, MAY 1: DuraMAX Drydene 400 presented by RelaDyne NASCAR Cup Series race (3 p.m., FS1).
- SATURDAY, APRIL 30: A-GAME 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash race (1:30 p.m., FS1)
- FRIDAY, APRIL 29: General Tire 125 ARCA Menards Series East race (5:30 p.m.)
The DuraMAX Drydene 400 presented by RelaDyne is the 104th NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover, one of only 10 venues in the country to host 100 or more Cup Series events.